There is a lot of amazing history, art and culture under the streets of NYC! Since 1904 the subways have kept the city moving and connected. Explore the worlds most amazing subway system as you follow Subway Sally an NYU History Major who mysteriously disappears while doing a research paper about the history of the subways.
We'll team you up with other fun members of our group to look for clues in many of the interesting and historic places she visited and try to figure out what happened to her! The hunt starts and ends at a local pub where you can enjoy food and drink with your new friends when the mystery is solved!
How it works:
- Registration will happen at 12pm at Playwright at 27 West 35th Street Between 5th & 6th Ave.
- We will randomly put together teams of 5 (unless you already have a team)
- Once you are on a team you will be given a sheet of clues and questions that trace Subway Sally's travels and research where the only places you can find the answers are within the trains and stations of the Manhattan subways. Many of the clues will focus on finding historical info as well as the subway art within the stations(It's not hard stuff, we promise!!)
- Each team will be given a designated amount of time (2 hours) from when they leave to return with as many answers as possible. The answer you gather will help you solve they mystery.
- After all teams have returned the groups will come together for food, drinks socializing and sharing experiences while we tally up the results!
What kind of stuff will we be looking for? You will be given the specific clues to find at each station and in the subway cars. Many of the clues will will involve historical elements and the art exhibits in the stations. You will also have to bring back some pictures, trinkets and "trash" from your adventure. All in good fun. You will also get to see
*Several "ghost" abandoned stations
*The oldest token booth
*Uncovered and excavated signs from the past
*Tracks to nowhere
Can I come alone? Yes 95% of those attending will likely sign up on their own. If you come alone we will set you up on a fun team.
How should I dress? Casual and for the weather although you will be underground 98% of the time.
What should I bring? A camera phone if you have one. If not no worries. Bottle of water.
Where will I be traveling to? The hunt is designed to begin and end near Penn Station. You will be traveling on several of the subway lines, transferring trains and exploring some stations. All of the hunt will take place on the subways between 59th street and South Ferry.
How will I find the group? We will send you a confirmation email with exact locations, contact info and names of those who are hosting the event when you register for the event and send follow up emails as we get closer.